Shakespearean activities are run by the staff of ISSC with active participation of scholars from various research centres from Poland and abroad.
ISSC employees cooperate with other Shakespeare studies centres which research Shakespeare’s output as a basis of global and local cultural studies.
Basing on its previous activities performed as the “Shakespeare’s Role in Polish and World Culture” Interdisciplinary Academic Research Team (Interdyscyplinarny Zespół Naukowo-Badawczy “Rola Szekspira w kulturze polskiej i światowej”), ISSC actively cooperates with numerous public institutions, including university and public libraries, and Polish theatres.
PARTNERSHIPS – POLISH
University of Łódź is represented by:
- Faculty of International and Political Studies;
- Faculty of Philology.
Apart from our University units, ISSC cooperates with representatives of:
- University of Warsaw;
- Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw;
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- Jan Kochanowski University, Kielce;
- Pedagogical University of Cracow;
- Jagiellonian University;
- University of Gdańsk (Theatrum Gedanense);
- Employees of Zbigniew Raszewski Theater Institute in Warsaw, who specialise in various academic areas: literature, Polish studies, cultural studies, linguistics, theatre and art history.
PARTNERSHIPS – FOREIGN
ISSC cooperates with other centres, which are devoted to Shakespeare studies. These centres include:
– European Shakespeare Research Association;
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust (United Kingdom);
- University of Ghent (Belgium);
- Kyorin University (Japan);
- University of Ottawa (Canada);
- University of Birmingham (United Kingdom);
- University of Munich (Germany);
- West University of Timisoara (Romania);
- Moscow State University (Russia).
|Professor Marta Gibińska, Jagiellonian University in Cracow, Poland;|
|Professor Małgorzata Grzegorzewska, University of Warsaw, Poland;|
|Professor Marta Wiszniowska-Majchrzyk; Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw, Poland;|
|Professor Jacek Fabiszak, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland;|
|Professor Dmytro Drozdovsky, Kiev National University, Ukraine;|
|Professor James Harner, Texas A & M University, USA;|
|Professor Werner Habicht, University of Wurzburg, Germany;|
|Professor Grace Ioppolo, University of Reading, United Kingdom;|
|Professor Yoshiko Kawachi, Kyorin University, Japan;|
|Professor Irene R. Makaryk, University of Ottawa, Canada;|
|Professor Irina Prikhodko, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia;|
|Professor William White, University of Western Australia, Australia;|
|Professor William B. Worthern, Columbia University, New York, USA.|